MAIN JOB PURPOSE
To provide cost and pricing, as well as profitability and risk analysis support to the business core functions (Business Development, Commercial Services, and Operations), and to ensure the integrity of all cost, pricing and profitability related data and information within the organisation. The position will also be required to contribute towards the continuous improvement of costing and pricing related processes, and customer profitability practices in accordance with business targets and objectives.
ENSURE AN OPTIMISED APPROACH TO PRICING DECISIONS ACROSS BUSINESS MS:
- Conduct standard cost development, margin and cost ratio analysis and variance analysis as input to the development of quotations and proposals;
- Assist Business to ensure all costs are considered during pricing, negotiation and decision making process and ensure the recovery thereof in the final price;
- Ensure that cost drivers within Line of Business analysis are correctly assigned and representative of business drivers;
- Compare pricing submissions to profitability analysis to confirm that the basis of pricing is correct;
- Ensure that final pricing is based on target margins approved by leadership;
- Clearly indicate cost-recovery margin of the final price; and
- Ensure the integrity of all costing and pricing data and information provided as input to Request for Quotations (RFQ), Requests for Proposals (RFP) and Request for Information (RFI).
SET UP THE REQUIREMENTS PRICING DECISION SUPPORT, FRAMEWORKS, PROCESSES AND SYSTEMS:
- Calculate and analyse service / solution / customer profitability, establish trends, identify major cost drivers, identify unprofitable accounts and future risks;
- Compile monthly profitability report per customer for assigned Line of Business;
- Ensure that the profitability report is an accurate reflection of the total company income statement, and confirm the overall soundness of before submission for review;
- Drive corrective measures for risk accounts by recommending risk mitigation actions to be implemented, and communicating those to the key stakeholders; and
- Monitor and report on the impact of mitigating actions implemented.
- Correctly calculate and submit bonus, and commission payments for target based employees within the required timeframes, i.e. monthly / quarterly and annually;
- Assist with the compilation of forecasts and budgets with regards to bonus / commission calculations and customer profitability as and when required
CREATE AWARENESS AND UNDERSTANDING ACROSS THE ORGANISATION:
- Identify knowledge gaps in the organisation.
- Provide understanding and support of cost, pricing and profitability across the organisation.
ENSURE THE PROVISION OF OPTIMISING OF PRICING AND DECISION SUPPORT:
- Analyse the impact of cost drivers on globally sourced commodities, and assist in the development of ; and
- Calculate annual increases on maintenance contracts (per formula; CPI); Increased Internal Customer Satisfaction
- CIMA or a relevant BCom Accounting Qualification Required
- Approximately 3 years pricing experience, preferably within a services industry
- Proven relevant experience in a management accounting environment
- Proven relevant experience in systems administration
- Sound knowledge of IT applications
- Sound knowledge of business performance and profitability indicators and assessment
- Adequate understanding of current Accounting Standards
- MS Office (Excel advanced skills)
- Contracts and Service Management